Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A Night of Appreciation: AUSD Honors Its Dedicated Staff

AUSD orchestrated a remarkable Staff Appreciation Night on Oct. 12. It was filled with a fun atmosphere, showcasing the district’s love and commitment to their teachers and staff. Once the teachers had checked in, they received an event pass, food tickets, and a raffle ticket. Having done that, they were free to explore the many activities set up by members of the Digital Communications Internship (DCI). After the raffle ended, the staff made their way to the football field for more events that were planned to take part in. 

Face painting, games, and camaraderie were the highlight of the tailgate. The staff’s children were huddled around the face painting table, while families engaged in friendly competition with games like Connect Four, Jenga, cornhole, and ring toss. Laughter filled the air as footballs soared around in the game area as kids partook in interacting with each other, connecting staff in joyous moments. 

Adding to the excitement, Chanos Tacos served delectable tacos along with various drinks throughout the night, ensuring everyone had a delightful meal. The raffle drew excited participants, with prices ranging from a Costco gift card to a $100 gift card basket from Foothill Credit Union. With those just being some examples of the prizes, it was a night filled with winners, as many staff took home generous prizes. 

“Staff Appreciation Night means the world to us. It’s a tangible expression of the love and support we receive from DCI and the community. The effort that went into organizing this event is truly heartwarming,” expressed Hugo Reid Elementary teacher, Mrs. Kristen Cook Mora. 

Freshman and DCI intern Allison Chen added, “Seeing the smiles on our teachers’ faces as they enjoyed the tailgate and the raffle made all the hard work worthwhile. It’s our way of giving back to the people who inspire us every day. Since it was my first time working at an event like this, it was truly meaningful.”

As the night progressed, anticipation mounted for the football game. Staff members walked through the tunnel before the football players, showing a sign of unity as they represented the Arcadia community. The stadium resonated with cheers and applause as the staff watched the game, supporting the students on the field. 

From the tailgate to the thrilling football game, the Staff Appreciation Night was a night filled with glee and praise. It was a celebration of dedication and a testament to the strong bonds within the Arcadia community. Without our wonderful staff, nothing would be possible!

Photos courtesy of AUSD DCI