Arcadia High School Hosts Annual Art Exhibition

It’s springtime and with that comes the art department’s annual Art Exhibition!
The AHS art department’s annual Art Exhibition included works by students in everything from Graphic Design to Ceramics.

It’s springtime and with that comes the annual Arcadia High School (AHS) Art Show! All of the art classes (Design, Art 1, Classic Film, Graphic Design, Art and Music, Screen Printing, Photography, Adv. Drawing and Painting, Adv. Stagecraft, Ceramics 1 and 2, Animation, and AP Art History) came together to put together this art show. This show occurred from Mar. 26 to 28. 

When asking the event organizer and art teacher, Ms. Carol Bradley, about some of the hardest aspects of organizing the event, she stated, “One of the hardest aspects is remembering all the details from labeling artwork to using technology to show student-generated videos. Many people assisted. Mr. DeLuca, Mrs. Rudolph, Mr. Bogle, and Ms. Novak were very, very helpful in so many ways. [Additionally, it was] sometimes hard to choose from an abundance of great art projects. There is a limited amount of space for each class. It is actually a wonderful problem to have!”

When you walked into the exhibition, you were welcomed by a mini mural made by the art students. Behind that, the ceramics table was in the center of the exhibition from both Ceramics 1 and 2. These pieces of art included colanders, sculptures, wheel-thrown cups and bowls, face masks, and tea sets.  

Moving on, to the right of the exhibition, the Adv. Graphic Design and Graphic Design digital artwork was displayed. This included Art Exhibition advertisements, CD covers, cultural event Posters, and much more! Other sections that were featured in the section were AP Art History and Art 1. On the right side of the exhibition, there was an abundance of work from Screen Printing as well. 

The walls surrounding the exhibition were filled with intriguing pieces of art from students in Art Honors—one of which included senior Chloe Pan. 

“My favorite piece that I showcased in the show is my collage called ‘Note-It!!’ because of all the bright Post-It Notes that I used to really make the colors stand out. When making this piece, I added things I wanted to instead of thinking of what other people would want to see.” stated Pan when asked about her favorite piece presented at the exhibition. 

Overall, the Art Show was a great success! It allowed for many students to gain the opportunity to understand what it is like to have their artwork showcased in an exhibition and allowed for their family and friends to see what the art department has to offer!