AHS Performs at the Spring Pep Assembly

With the 2023-2024 school year coming to an end at Arcadia High School, students and faculty came together in the North Gym to watch the Spring Pep Assembly on Friday, Mar. 15.

ASB President senior Joyce Lee kicked off the assembly by introducing Percussionand their performance.

Next, ASB Vice President senior Henrina Zhang took the stage and talked about all the events quickly approaching such as bonding days and Prom. Zhang also spoke on how well the school did with the huge merchandise fundraiser hosted by class councils throughout the entire school. 

After that, it was game time. ASB members from all different grade levels gathered together in groups for the last bonding game of the year. The goal of the game was to get in a line holding onto each other’s shoulders, with each team trying to pop the other team’s balloon. 

ASB then introduced all AHS spring athletic teams. The teams that ran out from the tunnel were Varsity Track and Field, Varsity Golf, Varsity Baseball, Varsity Softball, and Varsity Badminton. Our AHS Badminton team has been undefeated for eleven years. The next teams that came out of the tunnel were Varsity Boys Basketball and Varsity Swim and Dive.

That was followed up by the Pep Squad Performance.

“My favorite part of the entire assembly by far was the amazing performance from the AHS Pep Squad. I can only imagine the amount of time and dedication everyone involved put into making this performance so entertaining”, said sophomore Connor Tan.

Next, the teachers and Orchesis members came together for small and large group dancing. Students got to see their favorite teachers dancing. ASB joined in as well for the latter half of the performance. 

“I loved seeing some of my favorite teachers dancing with fellow students. It was really funny; everyone around me was laughing and having a good time watching it,” said junior Alan Xiu.

Finally, ASB made the much anticipated Prom reveal which will be at the Old Ranch Country Club with the theme “Serenade Under the Stars.”

For the final performance, the senior flash mob got up on stage to dance. When the performance was done, everyone applauded and AHS joined together to sing the Alma Mater which concluded AHS’ last Pep Assembly of the school year.