Winter Assembly Brings High Spirits for the Holidays

With winter break quickly approaching at Arcadia High School (AHS), students and faculty joyfully gathered in the PAC to watch the annual Holiday Assembly. The Holiday Assembly was a nice refreshment to have with finals week coming up, featuring performances from our wonderful AHS Chanteurs, A Saxophone Quartet, Orchesis Dance Company, Orchestra, and Choir.

AHS Chanteurs kicked off the assembly with a few amazing performances. They were dressed decoratively and glimmered with Christmas spirit. Their standout performance was “Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas.”

Freshman Daniel Chung described their performance as “very dynamic” and said the song selection was “perfect with Christmas just around the corner.” 

The performers received devoted attention and applause from everyone in the packed audience. For the most part, everyone had their devices put away and stayed respectful of the performers. Many were smiling and following along with the amazing songs, giving much applause after the performances.

Next, the saxophone quartet approached the stage and treated us to a few Christmas themed pieces. 

After that, an amazing group of four talented Chanteurs approached the stage and treated us to a couple wonderful Christmas tunes that really set the mood and ambience for Christmas. 

Following that was Orchesis Dance Company in their perfectly choreographed performance. The dedication and amount of time and effort that went into this wonderful performance was unfathomable. The crowd erupted all the way through with the amazing performance on display. Next, was another amazing group of Chanteurs who performed “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.”

“My favorite performance by far was from Orchesis Dance Company. They all did amazing,” said junior Bryan Chan. “The choreography was stunning as were all the performers.”

“I was most anticipating watching Orchesis and loved their performance. It was easily my favorite,” said freshman Eisen Liu. “I also really enjoyed the Chanteurs as they were singing a lot of my favorite Christmas songs.” 

Lastly, AHS’ Symphony Orchestra sat down to treat us to “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?”  featured in 2014’s breakout hit Frozen. Afterwards, they masterfully played “Let It Go,” also featured in Frozen which the audience especially enjoyed.

Sophomore Ashley Lin said, “I was so happy to see the songs I love from Frozen included in the assembly. My friends and I started annoyingly singing as we were having such a great time.”

For the grand finale, the Symphony Orchestra was joined by Choir who performed “O Come All Ye Faithful.” This was the perfect conclusion to the mesmerizing 2023 Holiday Assembly.