Lunch Activities Elevate Festive Spirit During Holiday Spirit Week

Along with the celebration of Holiday Spirit Week, ASB brought exciting lunch events on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to better align with each day’s themes: Midnight Monday, Wish Upon a Star Wednesday, and Fa-la-la-la Friday.

Midnight Monday:

To kick off the festive spirit for the holiday season, ASB hosted their Midnight Monday lunch event at the Rally Court on Dec. 4. The event was centered around a creative and hands-on activity, inviting students to unleash their artistic flair by crafting their own personalized bracelets. 

Transforming the Rally Court into a hub of creativity, ASB set up multiple tables with boxes of assorted beads and charms. The assortment included beads of varying colors and sizes, as well as smiley faces, letters, and beach inspired charms. This vibrant setup encouraged students to explore their artistic inclinations and use decorative elements that reflect their unique styles and preferences.

“I liked how there were a lot of options for beads and charms,” said junior Bradley Sukwanto. “My favorite charms were the ones with different colored happy faces.” 

Wish Upon a Star Wednesday:

ASB curated the Wednesday theme as “Wish Upon a Star” on Dec. 6, allowing students to immerse themselves in joyful spirit by sporting Disney outfits. Whether it be as a Disney character or wearing Mickey ears, students embraced the enchanting theme with enthusiasm and creativity. 

During lunch, students had the chance to pen their wishes on colorful star-shaped paper and hang them on the Christmas tree. Instead of the usual ornaments, the Christmas tree on this day was adorned with heartfelt wishes. Following this activity, students were supplied with materials to craft and decorate delicious rice krispie wands for their sweet treats. 

“I really enjoyed this Disney event at school because I liked seeing everyone around me having a good time, and my friend and I wrote a wish and placed it on the tree,” said junior Andrea Garcia. “I also liked how they decorated the tree and the treats.”

By donning Disney-themed attire together, Arcadia High School (AHS) transformed into the happiest place on earth!

Fa-la-la-la Friday:

To end the week of festivities, ASB finished the first semester with the theme, “Fa-la-la-la Friday” on Dec. 8 where students got to wear their festive clothes and celebrate the upcoming holiday. 

During lunch, students got to celebrate by making star crowns, Christmas tree hair clips, and taking photos with Santa and his elves. 

Moreover, junior Emily Chien described the planning of the event. “We started planning all the holiday Spirit Week activities on Oct. 8 so it has taken approximately two months to create the action plans and dof-of timelines, organize materials, create posters, etc,” she explained.  

Overall, the event was extremely successful, and the hard-work of the students of ASB paid off. Senior Jacob Lee’s most memorable part of the event was “during Homecoming day, despite coming to school around 5:30 a.m. and leaving around 11 p.m., it was so great to be able to bond with my fellow ASB members and spend a whole day running around working and organizing various activities.” 

Photos by Caitlyn Chau, Ainsley Najafzadeh, and ASB