Thank You, Writing

Writing— something that has kept me going when I felt like I couldn’t. A way for me to express my thoughts and feelings. Writing was a way for me to pour out all my emotions with how I was feeling which I was always grateful for and still am. I’ve always enjoyed writing, and even my elementary school teacher pointed it out to me one day, saying I have “a web of ideas.” It wasn’t until high school that I decided to join The Arcadia Quill to further develop my writing skills and renew my passion for writing, which is a decision I will never regret. 

Writing is such a powerful tool and for someone like me, it was and always has been a huge form of self-expression. For as long as I can remember, writing has been one of my forms of therapy. I’d pour my heart out into writing, whether it be an essay or a thank you letter for one of my friends’ birthdays. 

My love for writing has only continued to immensely grow as I joined The Quill, not knowing what to expect and planning to stay in my position as a staff writer. Life happened and days flew by as I last minute considered applying for the editor position and eventually making it, I’ve only further been intrigued by writing.

Writing might seem like such a simple thing to many people, but it holds so much meaning to me like writing or rereading books. When it comes to writing, there’s something so valuable that can only be understood through writing. One sentence holds so many meanings, and one sentence can be interpreted in 100 different ways.

Through the calm and the storms of life, I find inner peace and comfort in knowing that I can always turn to writing as a way of coping and as a hobby. Although I don’t regularly journal, just typing up an essay for a homework assignment is enough for me to appreciate this form of writing. 

It’s the pencil in my hand and the indescribable feeling of the lined paper in front of me that allows me to use my imagination and search within me to formulate the right words to go with my essay or letter. This feeling never fails to make me feel comforted and happy and it is the feeling of accomplishment at the end that truly feels rewarding. Through laughter, tears, and confusion, I’ve turned to writing to help me get through it. Thank you, writing.