Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Warm-Up Wednesday: A Cozy Way to Start the Day

Arcadia High School’s (AHS) library held their Warm-Up Wednesday fundraiser on Oct. 18 before school. They sold delicious hot cocoa and different types of donuts for all the early arrivals to enjoy.

The fundraiser took place early in the morning from 8:00-8:30 a.m., and students lined up to buy treats. Each item was sold for $3.00, but if you bought both, there’d be a discount for $5.00 total. 

Some of the donut flavors included chocolate, glazed, chocolate-maple, and plain powdered. Mornings tend to be a slow time of the day, so for those who needed that extra kick to get going, the treats were a great way to start the school day. 

A lot of effort was put into this event by the Student Library Advisory Committee (SLAC), who had been discussing fundraising events since the start of the year. After solidifying their ideas, they decided on selling sweet treats.

“This was set up by the [SLAC]. We talked about different fundraising ideas for the school year, and we thought this might be a nice monthly popup to do for the library,” stated Mrs. Shannon Will, the school librarian.

The members of SLAC worked to make this event wonderful for everyone. The funds raised from the sales will go towards our AHS library and also towards SLAC members and AHS students.

“The funds will be used for the many events we do at the library, so they’ll help us get supplies and materials, and possibly some SLAC attire,” Mrs. Will added.

Aside from events, the library also holds non-fiction resources for students to help them with their classes, along with fictional books to explore new corners of their imaginations.  Many program meetings and interviews are also held in their Media Center. The Peer Tutoring program also takes place there after school. The library holds a critical place within our school and holds a purpose for the students.

The SLAC and Mrs. Will’s hard work with this fundraiser paid off; the students who attended Warm-Up Wednesday enjoyed their donuts and hot chocolate and hope it occurs again.

“The vibe was really nice and welcoming, and it’s the perfect thing to do in the morning. Also, I get to support the library this way, which is great!” said freshman Erin Sum.

Warm-Up Wednesday was a warm and cozy event, just like the name implies. Students were able to boost their energy in the morning and also give back to their beloved school library.

Photo by Jayeesha Deb