Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Teacher Feature: Ms. Gizas

This school year Arcadia High School (AHS)  has some new members joining our staff. A new teacher joining us this year is Ms. Lauren Gizas, a Special Education teacher here at AHS. 

When asked about why she chose a career in education, Ms. Gizas emphasized the importance of education in her family. 

“I was surrounded by people who encouraged education,” she said. “This influence has played a part in my career choices.”

After graduating high school, Ms. Gizas initially chose to go into nursing because of her love for helping others.  

When discussing her experience in further nursing studies, Ms. Gizas said, “Science was not my best friend, I ended up looking into careers in education.”  She ended up receiving her bachelor’s degree from the University of La Verne, and her Master’s Degree in Education at  National University. 

Ms. Gizas has been teaching for six years, starting as a substitute for general education. She ended up falling in love with making a difference in the lives of special education students. 

When asked what is the most important part of teaching, Ms. Gizas responded by saying, “I believe the most important part of teaching is building relationships with the students.” This shows her love for making sure her students always enjoy being in her classroom.

Ms. Gizas also quoted  Maya Angelou, who said, “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” She follows this quote on a day-to-day basis and believes everyone should follow it as well.

Ms. Gizas strives to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment where every student feels valued and supported. She is dedicated to adapting her teaching methods to meet each student’s unique needs, ensuring they can reach their full potential.