Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Beyoncé: The Look Book Queen

Lauryn Chao

The Queen of Pop, Beyoncé, known for setting various trends within the music and fashion industry, has done it again on her Renaissance Tour. Not only did she pave the way for a global rebirth of high-street fashion among her fans, but she also managed to captivate her audience with her outgoing and versatile looks. 

With that being said, it all comes down to her ability to blend high fashion with streetwear and an edge of elegance. One of the main reasons for her popularity within fashion is the way she is able to express herself through it and tell a story all while performing. Her Lemonade album, for instance, was not only a musical masterpiece but also a visual journey that resonated with her fans. 

The Renaissance Tour took her fashion to the next level. Known for its extravagant performances and impeccable choreography, the tour also showcased stunning and diverse fashion choices. The effortless incorporation of Afrofuturism (which is a combination of science fiction and history to connect back to African-American culture), haute couture, and streetwear resonated with fans worldwide, inspiring them to embrace their true sense of style. This dream was able to become a reality all thanks to the way Beyoncé was able to inspire fans to be fearless and experiment with what makes them feel confident. 

“It was not only musically but also visually enchanting, and the fashion that was seen throughout was revolutionary,” stated Shriya Anand Sai Krishnan, a junior at Arcadia High School (AHS) who was among the many fans who attended the concert.

A key factor for the growth in the tour’s fashion is the accompanying surge of fan posts on social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram. Through the use of tags like #BeyoncéRenaissanceFashion, there has been an increase in the number of concert attendees as well as bystanders expressing confidence through fashion. 

“I didn’t even know Beyoncé was on tour until I opened TikTok and saw videos of fans attending it all while sharing their looks for the concert. I think if it wasn’t for TikTok I wouldn’t have known or seen how expressive people can be when they attend her concerts,” says senior Judith Banuelos, expressing how social media plays a big factor in recognition these days. 

A long-time activist for body positivity and self-expression, Beyoncé once said, “My biggest thing is to teach not to focus on the aesthetic. It’s really about who you are, and the human being that makes you beautiful.” 

Overall, Beyoncé teaches us that fashion is not just about what you wear but how you wear it and the message you convey through it. Her tour has been a stepping stone for her fans to discover the world of self-expression and discover their sense of style through clothing.

Graphic courtesy of Lauryn Chao