Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Brief: Destressing About the Stress Test

AHS Does a Network Stress Test to Prepare for the Digital PSAT
Arya Desai

In light of the digital transition to standardized tests, the networking technicians at Arcadia High School (AHS) administered a stress test for a new testing network for the PSAT Test on Sept. 14 during periods 1 and 2. With roughly 1,040 students taking the PSAT this year, the possibility that the test will overload the network is huge. By operating a stress test, administrators could discover what is causing slowdowns, disconnections, and lags. 

As the volunteer students and teachers piled into the North Gym, they were instructed to log onto a separate network, restart their Chromebooks, and access the newly installed Bluebook system that digitally administers anything from the College Board. During the test, administrators actively circulated through the gym, photographing issues such as connectivity problems, loading issues, or difficulties accessing the PSAT network. 

When asked whether the stress test was stressful, Ameen Chowdhary, the Network Systems Administrator at AUSD, expressed that he is optimistic. 

“I’m optimistic about it. When we do tests like this, we get a sense of what we’re capable of doing. That kind of helps us in the future,” Chowdhary commented.   

The students involved in the network test hope that the results can be used to alleviate frequent complaints about the network, such as slowdowns and occasional disconnects.

Freshman Chloe Kai commented on the hopefulness of students regarding the stress test.

“[The stress test] can definitely improve the network speed. A lot of us are having a lot of technical issues. I think the stress test can help them prepare, as there will be many more people in the PSAT,” Kai explained.