Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

New Teacher Feature: Ms. Delgado

Angelina Kong
Stay tuned for more New Teacher Features to come!

The 2023-2024 year is off to a wonderful start as students and teachers adjust to the school year pattern. There have been many incredible new teachers who joined Arcadia High School (AHS) this year, and we would love to welcome Ms. Cynthia Delgado, who has joined the World Languages Department, teaching Spanish 1 and ELD.

This is Ms. Delgado’s first year as a teacher; she completed her student teaching period at Pacifica High School in Camino Grove. She attended college at Golden West College, where she received her AA in Spanish, and then got her BA and teaching credentials at Cal State Long Beach. 

Her inspiration for becoming a teacher was her AP Spanish teacher in high school, who gave his students the opportunity to embrace their own cultures and experiences. From her teacher, Ms. Delgado realized that she wanted to do that for future students. Because Spanish was her first language, she chose that as the language she wanted to spread more knowledge about.

Ms. Delgado is very passionate about teaching, and she loves interacting with the students and learning more about them. 

“Not only are they learning a new language, but I also get to learn about them and their own cultures,” she said. “I think the beauty about teaching a language is that I truly have the opportunity to connect with the students and get to learn about them as much as they get to learn in my class.”

In class, Ms. Delgado strives to create a comfortable learning environment for all her students, especially because they are learning a new language. She believes in having her students feel safe and comfortable when speaking out in class, and wants them to grow in their experiences and comprehension as much as possible. 

“Learning allows us to acquire new skills, and it truly opens opportunities for us to grow. It’s also a skill that no one will be able to take away from you,” she added.

Outside of the classroom, Ms. Delgado loves spending time with friends and family and enjoys going outdoors for hiking or going to the beach. Recently, she traveled to Bali, Singapore, and Miami. She is thrilled at the prospect of exploring new places around the world and learning about other cultures.

When asked about her opinions on AHS, Ms. Delgado responded positively.

“Arcadia High School has become such a safe and comfortable environment for me to teach in. I feel so grateful everyday to be a part of this school and community. The Spanish and ELD department have been nothing but supportive and incredibly helpful,” she said.

Ms. Delgado feels incredibly welcomed and appreciated by staff and students, and believes that her students have also shown their dedication towards learning. 

The start of the school year is exciting and brings the promise of many new events and experiences for everyone. We are honored to have all our new teachers and staff at AHS, and we look forward to the wonderful years to come!