Pro: Don’t Miss Out on HOCO 2021

Maryam Sadeghifard, Staff Writer

With Arcadia High School’s (AHS) Homecoming approaching, many students have questioned whether or not it’s worth it. Because of uncertainties about specific guidelines that will be taken in precaution against COVID, or if the price is too costly, there are debates on attending. Though, once we take a closer look at each of the factors causing hesitation, we realize the benefits far outweigh the negatives. 

After the treacherous times we’ve endured under quarantine for the past year, this will be our first Homecoming dance since 2019. Throughout the school, excitement for the upcoming dance is through the roof, and there is more exhilaration for this Homecoming compared to other years due to the anticipation of finally being in person. The future is unknown, proven from the 2019-2020 school year, and there is going to be uncertainty in the near future. Be sure to take advantage of the fact that as a school, we are able to host a Homecoming dance after a while of not being able to. 

AHS junior Mellanie Grbavac, explaining her anticipation for attending homecoming, said, “I can’t wait to make everlasting memories with the people I love the most.” 

Homecoming is a place where high school memories are made, where you’re given the opportunity to get out of your comfort zone and have an amazing time with your friends and peers. 

For nearly half the school, this will be their first Homecoming dance. Memories made at Homecoming will stay with students forever, as they can look back and remember dancing to their favorite songs. AHS gave students the freedom to pick the songs they’d like to dance to. Being at the Petersen Automobile Museum, you have the opportunity to dance with your friends to your favorite music!

After getting a venue in the Los Angeles area at the Petersen Automotive Museum, we end up paying for the quality of location, along with the size. After accommodating 1,000 people with the current circumstances we are in, the venue must be large. If the dance were to be held at our school, the price would be significantly lower. Overall, we receive more benefits for paying a larger amount. 

Because we are still dealing with COVID-19 and new strains, AHS is doing as much as possible to ensure a safe dance experience. Once you buy your tickets, it is mandatory that you show proof of vaccination, or that you show a negative COVID-19 test. All that is required is to just buy the ticket. In doing this, students will feel more safe during the dance. Masks as well will be mandatory.

After all, whether this be your first dance or not, Homecoming 2021 is a memorable experience waiting to happen. Make sure to buy your tickets as soon as possible to save money. Enjoy time with friends and family as the future is unpredictable—this could very well be the last dance we have in a while.

Photo Courtesy of UNSPLASH.COM