Thank You, Mr. Delfin

Gavin Do, Photography Editor

To an amazing teacher that has taught me so much this school year, thank you.

Mr. Delfin, the English teacher in room J-107, never fails to give insightful knowledge. He has vocalized countless times that he will always be there for each and every one of his students. When you walk into his class, you feel like you are in a safe place where you do not have to fear being judged and looked down upon. He lets us all know that he will always be here to help and make sure that we all understand the importance of English and the key parts of it. He is different than other English teachers, in ways that he understands the stress of an AHS student and he helps us by not over stressing us and making sure we are enjoying our lives now, as we can never get these times back.

Mr. Delfin creates a chill and inviting classroom environment for his students by playing music for us as we walk into class and is also constantly teaching us lessons that are vital to our lives today. He is not afraid to speak on topics that have a huge controversy, as he knows that in the end, what we take from his lessons will benefit us one way or another. Mr. Delfin has the capability to let students expand their thoughts and open their minds to new ways of thinking and being able to comprehend things in a new light. I find that it is very admirable that he is a huge advocate for equality and respect, and so, I do not find it hard to stand behind his ideas and what he has to say about society itself.

Having Mr. Delfin as an English teacher is truly an amazing experience. He is always making new and creative ways for us to not only learn the topics but fully understand it so we can apply it to our lives. Mr. Delfin’s class is different in the fact that he will always find a way for you to understand the lesson, whether it be from a project, a lecture, or just a casual class conversation. If there is one thing you should know about Mr. Delfin is that he truly cares. He does not take any one of his students for granted and he knows how much we all depend on his as a teacher and he makes sure that he will always be here for us.

I am so grateful to have Mr. Delfin as a teacher this year, and hopefully, with such an impactful persona, he will be here to help with the rest of my high school experience. Again, thank you for being real and genuine, Mr. Delfin. We appreciate you.