AHS Haunted House 2019

Melody Lui, Staff Writer

Every year around Halloween, trails of hay scatter the hallways of AHS signifying Pep Squad’s annual Haunted House. The Pep Squad members worked hard throughout October in order to plan and set up a spooky experience for those willing to participate.

Junior Jessica Khatib attended the Haunted House and stated, “I was in pep last year so I helped with the setting up process and I think maybe that made it a little less exciting for me just because I was so tuned in to all the little aspects of it so nothing was as surprising.” Despite being apart of the behind the scenes Jessica states, “It was still really impressive just seeing it come together and in a way, being apart of the set up made it more rewarding to see the outcome.” However, when Jessica attended this year’s Haunted House she was surprised by how much the Haunted House improved from last year. “They had new rooms and bought these crazy props and inserted moving mechanical features which I didn’t expect at all.” Overall, Jessica really enjoyed the Haunted House this year and would love to help set-up next year in order to see the production process of the new spectacles.

Senior Ashley Chung also went to the Haunted House with fellow Senior Nikki Cruz who both agreed that this year’s haunted house was scarier than last year’s with the new rooms and moving machines. “With the loud screams of students that could be heard all throughout campus, I admire the hard work that the Pep Squad upholds each year,” Nikki states. As this year’s Haunted House was their last one together, they both enjoyed the effort pep squad put into each and every haunted house.

Pep Song member Brieann Chan reflected on this year’s Haunted House saying, “We worked hard on the rooms and created new ones that were scarier than last year, so I think a lot of people enjoyed it, but we wish more people would have come.” In addition, Brieann states, “I think it went well because our pep director said nobody said any bad things when coming out of the haunted house this year.”

As October comes to an end, Pep Squad can celebrate another successful Haunted House and congratulate each other for their hard work each and every year. We hope that Pep Squad will continue to have successes with not only their annual haunted houses but their other events during the year as well.

Photo by AUSD DCI