Homecoming’s Around the Corner!

Emily Banuelos, Staff Writer

In less than a month, high school students will be stressing over their outfits for homecoming and who their date will be. It is a perfect example of why it is crucial to commence the preparations now for the big day by getting a dress or suit that will be comfortable to dance in, rather than waiting for the last minute and having limited choices. Examples of amazing stores that advertise a variety of homecoming dresses include Windsor, Topshop, BCBG, Forever 21, Lulu’s, Macy’s, and Boohoo. For men, there are great tuxedo & suit shops such as The Men’s Warehouse, Friar Tux, David’s Bridal, and Louie’s Tux Shop. After you have chosen the dress or suit you will be wearing, you then need to look for the right pair of heels or loafers. When deciding on a pair of heels, they should preferably be a wedge heel because they give your feet more support. If you would like to take your outfit a notch up as well, I would highly recommend wearing earrings, a necklace, or a bracelet. 

The next step is asking your best friend or a special someone to attend the dance with you. It does not even have to be a big gesture. 

Freshman Anna Odell says, “sometimes the smallest things given can be the most meaningful and sentimental.” 

An idea of this can be receiving your favorite flower from the person who asked you to the dance because it shows the thought he/she put in. For inspiration on the posters, there are many online blogs or apps available for ideas, including Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. An example of a cute quote to add on the poster is “Roses are red, tiaras are stunning, come be my princess at this year’s homecoming.” Make sure to also confirm who you are going with as ticket prices increase over time. Then, if your special someone says “yes” to go with you to the dance, you will need to purchase a corsage for her to match with your bow tie.

To add, it can get very expensive, so you may want to save up extra cash to spend on that night. For instance, your friends might want to rent a limo or party bus to arrive in or they may want to go to eat afterward. Paying for your outfit and ticket(s) are some other expenses as well. For girls, they can get their makeup, hair, and nails done professionally too, however, the prices range from $50 to $200. 

I recommend that everyone attends their school’s Homecoming Dance because they will make so many new memories with their friends that they will cherish forever. You also get to meet new people and have a great time!

Graphic Courtesy of CLASSMATES.COM