What’s Your Favorite Girl Scout Cookie?

Josie Chen, Staff Writer

An annual favorite of AHS students is the popular Girl Scout cookies. Each year, Girl Scouts sell boxes of uniquely-flavored cookies to raise money for multiple causes. Recently, two new flavors: Girl Scout S’mores and Toffee-Tastic were released. The Girl Scout S’mores features a layer of chocolate and marshmallow filling inside two graham crackers, while Toffee-Tastic is a rich and buttery cookie with bits of toffee. As the month goes on and cravings are fulfilled, the students of AHS share their personal favorite Girl Scout cookies. 

One of the arguably most famous cookies is Thin Mints, a crisp cookie covered in chocolate. Not only do they leave behind a cooling aftertaste that leaves you wanting more, they are also vegan! Freshman Girl Scout Kali Campo said, “My favorite girl scout cookies are Thin Mints because they taste really refreshing after you put them in the freezer. I also like eating them with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.” Freshman Evelyn Chin says, “Thin Mints are different from most cookies I’ve tried; they’re crispy, yet they melt in your mouth almost instantly.”

Another favorite from the Girl Scout Cookies are the Samoas, the perfect cookie to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings. These crunchy cookies are coated in caramel, drizzled with chocolate, and sprinkled with coconut shavings. Freshman Grace Hong said, “My favorite kind of Girl Scout cookies are Samoas because they’re sweet and chewy. The burst of flavors makes them the perfect snack.” Freshman Kirti Madireddy is also a huge fan of Samoas. “I like how they have a unique flavor with hints of coconut and chocolate.” 

Girl Scout cookies will always remain a huge favorite of AHS’ students. Their special flavors satisfy all tastes and can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Maybe when you get the chance, pick up one to try yourself!