College Chalking Day 05.29.19

Sandi Khine, AUSD Digital Communications Intern

As the school year comes to a close and high school ends for our Apache Class of 2019, May is merely the beginning of an era for many. Arcadia High seniors were able to celebrate new beginnings at the annual Senior College Chalking Day today hosted by the Arcadia High’s ASB Senior Council. At this event, college-bound members of the Arcadia High School Class of 2019 came together and chalked the names and logos of the various colleges they will be attending as well as their names, all while working alongside the friends they’ve made throughout their time in our district. With boba and tea served by Senior Council, exciting music, and a large map where students could mark the locations they would be in the fall, our seniors were able to bond with other Apaches who will be continuing with them in higher education, quite literally leaving their final “marks” on the campus. The end result was a creative, colorful, and diverse display of chalked artwork representing many different colleges and a beautiful showcase of the immense reach our Apaches share. Class of 2019, what a wonderful four years! We wish you the best in all your future endeavors. Once an Apache, Always an Apache! #ApachePride