Yellow Is a Great Trend…Here Is Why

Cadence Chen, Staff Writer

Goodbye rose gold, hello yellow. Yellow is the most recent “in” color to wear. And quite frankly, it’s one of the best color trends, not just because it’s my favorite color, but for many other reasons. So, dive right in to find out why.

There are so many different shades of the color yellow. From bright yellows like fluorescent yellow, canary yellow, and lemon yellow, to deeper, calmer yellows like mustard and amber, there is a shade of yellow to match every mood you feel. On the days you feel mellow and chill, wear mustard! Or, maybe you feel bright and cheerful. Instead of mustard, try a lemon yellow!

Another great reason why yellow is amazing is that it’s a unisex color! Of course, if you’re a guy and you feel like wearing rose gold, go for it! Usually, most guys don’t dive for the piles of rose gold clothing because pink is seen more as a woman’s color. But yellow, on the other hand, looks great on both women and men.

Yellow also adds a great pop of color to both your outfit and closet. Before yellow became a trendy color, it was hard finding yellow clothing. Many people stick to colors like blue, white, gray, or black. As a lot of people usually prefer darker clothing; yellow can be used to make an outfit a lot more interesting. For example, wear a black and white outfit, but throw in a yellow jacket! Yellow will always be there to spice up your outfit.

Lastly, yellow is just such a happy color. It’s bright and cheerful, and hopefully while wearing some yellow, it might make you a little happier. “Wearing bright colors makes me feel happier, as opposed to darker colors. That’s why I love the brightness of yellow!” says freshman Arina Miyadi.

All in all, yellow is great, and I think everyone should own at least one piece of yellow clothing. There are so many different shades of yellow; it’s a unisex color; it adds interest to your outfits, and overall, it is just a cheerful color. So the next time you go shopping, pay some attention to the yellow pieces. They might surprise you.

Photo courtesy of GLAMOUR.COM