Florida Performing Arts Trip

Kali Tam, Staff Writer

This week, several of the performing arts groups at our school—Orchestra, Choir, and Orchesis—will be making a trip to Florida to put on some spectacular performances!

Senior Daphne Zhu, who has been a member of orchestra for four years, states that this trip to Florida occurs every four years and that it is something that all performers prep for right after the previous one ends. For Orchestra, the ensemble officially began preparing at the beginning of the year. A lot of the pieces played were chosen accordingly and assembled early on with the intention of performing them later on in Florida. And since this trip is such an important and big event, Daphne says that the performers “definitely have to put in extra work to make sure it is successful.” Especially in the past month, Orchestra has had multiple events to prep for, including the Vertical Concert and Orchestra Benefit Dinner, which made it “a lot more hectic than usual”.

The trip is always highly anticipated among participating members in the Performing Arts department. Daphne reveals that most of her fellow performers “spend four years waiting to go to Florida” since it is “incomparable to typical concerts in so many ways.” Not only are they given the chance to “travel with friends and perform fun Disney songs,” but they are also given the chance to “create memories that are simply unforgettable and priceless.” Personally, Daphne feels “comforted knowing that [she] does not have to do too much intense studying [over spring break], and is also extremely excited to spend the last few months of [her] high school experience doing something that [she] loves so much.” Orchestra has made a positive impact on her life, and she hopes that “the ensemble will be able to put on a successful performance” and that the trip will end up being “something that [she] will never forget.”

The performers have been working extremely hard to perfect their performances for this special trip, and we are sure that their hard work will pay off. We wish all the members the best for this event and can’t wait to see what they will accomplish in Florida!