If The Day Was 12 Hours Longer…

Parisa Haq, Writer

We have 24 full hours a day to complete our daily tasks. But for high school students, there never seems to be enough hours in the day. Unfortunately, there are so many things we have to do and not enough time to do it. There is a compromise we have to make: either stay sane by going to bed at a reasonable time but not complete all of our activities, or finish everything, but get no sleep. With that being said, imagine being gifted with 12 extra hours today! The possibilities are endless. We could sleep, get homework done, or watch Netflix. Let’s ask our Apaches what they’d do with this present.

Senior Ronald Hui gave an answer that most could probably relate to. Ronald said, “I would play some more brawl stars.” Even if it’s not brawl stars, play your favorite game, and you now have plans for the next 12 hours!

Freshman Ava Woo would use this time to do things that she usually doesn’t have enough time to do. For example, Ava enjoys, “recreational reading, going to new places, and art projects.” And since we never have sufficient time to sleep, she said that she would go to bed a lot earlier.

Lastly, to go along with the productivity theme, junior Saqif Us said he would study for AP Physics more often. He said, “I was reading it for the first time yesterday, and it was genuinely interesting.” With the school year halfway over, more time to study would be completely useful.

In conclusion, there are many things to do if the day was 12 hours longer. Whether it be resting or cramming in more activities, the possibilities are endless! So, what would you do?