Thank You, Mrs. Grubbs

Jenny Qiu, Staff Writer

For most students, English has always been a subject that they have taken. It wasn’t anything special, just a class they had to take to graduate, and for many, they disliked English. It wasn’t because the content was boring, but because the teacher made the content boring. The class was usually full of lectures with a monotonous voice droning in the background. There were also essays, hours of scribbling on a piece of paper. However, with Mrs. Grubbs, she has given students a new outlook on English. Interesting discussions and funny jokes have replaced the once boring lectures. Now, this doesn’t mean Mrs. Grubbs is easy. In fact, she is quite challenging, but that is what makes her a good teacher. She takes the time out of her schedule to grade papers and offers constructive criticism in order for students to improve. For many students, English is memorable now that Mrs. Grubbs is their teacher. They finally form a connection with the subject; a connection that they’ve never had before.

With Mrs. Grubbs, every day is a new surprise. She finds ways to engage students through philosophical discussion or group analysis games. When students are having difficulties with a topic, she is able to guide them in the right direction. Not only do students have more fun, but they also are able to understand the content better. With a teacher who can come up with new ideas and concepts to help students learn, English is finally fascinating and a subject students want to learn about.

Mrs. Grubbs is also one of the few teachers who can make students look forward to going to class. She is able to create a learning atmosphere where students feel comfortable. Every day, students walk in and smell a different diffuser scent, which creates a very calming environment. In addition, Mrs. Grubbs makes an effort to communicate with students. She raves about her favorite baseball team, the Dodgers, and makes hilarious jokes unintentionally. Mrs. Grubbs is a great a teacher, but she is an even better person.Her kindness and her ability to make students feel comfortable in a learning environment are very rare traits in teachers. Mrs. Grubbs is honestly one of the few teachers who is able to positively impact students.

Mrs. Grubbs has given many students a new perspective on English. Her ability to interest students to learn demonstrates her effectiveness as a teacher. She has encouraged students to put their hard work and effort into everything they do. She has taught students so much in such a short amount of time. So thank you, Mrs. Grubbs, for not only teaching students English, but also for being amazing overall!

-Jenny Qiu, 10, Pow Wow, Staff Writer