Pep Squad’s Haunted House

Sarah Wang, Staff Writer

It’s that time of year again! Halloween is fast approaching, and that means that people are scrambling to find a costume and something to do on that spooky night. Luckily for AHS students, Pep Squad has just the event to satisfy your craving for a thrill: Haunted House.

The annual event will take place this Friday and Saturday, Oct. 19 and 20, from 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. at AHS. Tickets for general admission are $10 presale and $12 at the door and VIP tickets are $12 presale and $15 at the door, purchased from any member of pep squad or in room J-210.

Though there are perhaps many larger-scale Halloween events such as Six Flags Fright Fest or Universal Studios’ Halloween Horror Nights, Pep Squad’s Haunted House is the perfect alternative because of its reasonable price, convenient location, and specialty!

The “haunted house” is actually more of a haunted hallways type of event. Pep Squad, which has been planning this event for several months, decorates several hallways of AHS’ campus to amp up the spooky, Halloween vibes. By the time the decorations are complete, the hallways are transformed into a dark maze for guests to navigate. But wait, there’s more! Of course, a haunted house wouldn’t be a haunted house without a few monsters. Volunteers from far and wide arrive at AHS the day of the event dressed in their scariest costumes to frighten guests.

If you’ve attended Pep Squad’s Haunted House in the past, there’s no reason not to go again! Take it from senior Annie Ou, who has attended the past three haunted house events. “My favorite part of it all is how realistic the props, fog, and costumes are,” says Annie, “and I was also one of the monsters, so it was super fun to scare my friends as they walked through.” Each year’s haunted house is different from the rest, so you’ll have to check out this year’s to find out what’s new!

All proceeds from the event go toward Pep Squad, which is a year-long sports class that regularly attends competitions in its three divisions: Pep, Song, and Cheer. The funds help cover uniform fees, competition fees, and many other miscellaneous necessities.

Are you brave enough to try Pep Squad’s Haunted House? Buy your tickets this week and find out!

Photo courtesy of PEP SQUAD