Find Your Passion

Kobe Yu, Staff Writer

Passion is the driving force behind people’s future and dreams. Passion is a boundless realm, including a wide range of interests and hobbies. Many struggle to find purpose in their life. Why am I here? What is my purpose? What impact am I going to make? However, living in the technological age, access to the internet and other resources can greatly help in the search for passion and purpose.

College is just around the corner for high schoolers, so finding a passion is especially important. It determines their major and leads to one of their possible futures. To begin, taking an interest test is crucial. Narrowing down interests to a select few will allow one’s passion to become clearer. There are many of these quizzes that can be found online, ranging from ones created by The Princeton Review to CareerOneStop. Taking the time to just think about what is inspirational and fun can help with the search as well.

After finding a few interests, joining clubs on or off-campus can ensure that this interest is long-term. Additionally, these clubs can be very helpful when applying to colleges. There are many organizations to volunteer at to determine if the interests are accurate. A couple of organizations near Arcadia that accept volunteers include Methodist Hospital, Pasadena Humane Society! Clubs and volunteer work are just a few ways to ensure that the interest is right.

Following these steps should provide a better understanding of one’s passion. With this understanding, applying to college and possible jobs should be easier. Though it is important to focus and gain more knowledge about a passion, it is equally as important to branch out and explore other related topics too. For instance, with photography, learning photoshop or graphic design can be a great asset to have.

It is possible for people to have multiple passions; therefore, being knowledgeable and experienced in another field can serve as a great backup plan. With time passing so fast, finding a passion may seem like a burden and cause stress. However, with a little research and evaluation, finding a passion can be a simple task.