Best Websites For Studying

Leslie Chen, Staff Writer

While technology may be distracting at times, it can be a huge help if used in the right way. There are thousands of websites out there dedicated to helping students learn new skills, manage their time, and most importantly, study for exams. The following sites can help students of any age prepare for a test, all for free!

Quizlet
With this site, you provide the information, and Quizlet provides you with the study materials. Users can create “sets” of vocabulary for any subject. Based on the set, the website will automatically generate flashcards, practice quizzes, matching games, and even auditory tools. Games such as Scatter and Gravity allow you to learn the material while still having fun. With leaderboards and high scores, you can compete to get the best times, adding the motivation of competition to help you study.

StudyStack
StudyStack is a great way to have fun with flashcards! Users can create their own flashcard sets, or use what others have already made. Similar to Quizlet, this site provides a number of tools and interactive games perfect for studying. You can take quizzes or practice tests, or play games like Hangman and Matching.

StudyBlue
Collaboration is the main focus of StudyBlue. It connects students through similar learning goals and subjects, allowing them to share their study guides, flashcards, and more. Users can also enjoy access to a diverse content library, storage for all their notes, and a self-assessment tool that tracks their process on a specific subject.

GoConqr
This site is great for visual learners. One of the site’s most popular features, “mind maps”, breaks down broad subjects into smaller topics. Whenever you create a visual map, you can see how things are connected, thus helping with understanding and memorization. Along with visual maps, users can utilize the site’s many studying features, including flashcards, a study planner, a note-taking platform, and self-created quizzes.

Evernote
Studying can sometimes cover different platforms, but with Evernote, all your notes, information, and research can be kept together all in one place. This site can sync your information from across all devices and create from one central platform. Evernote can also be used in numerous ways: keeping research paper information in order, organizing notes, gathering web-clips, and creating study guides based on your notes.

Whether it’s time management, digital flashcards, or study games, these sites are guaranteed to help students become the best students they can possibly be.

Graphic courtesy of FREEPIK.COM