Spring Show

Spring+Show

Kali Tam, Staff Writer

With the end of the school year approaching, our performing arts groups are all working to wrap up the rest of their season. Like many of the other performing arts ensembles at Arcadia High School, Colorguard and Percussion will be hosting an event, the annual Spring Show, to mark the end of their competitive season. The Spring Show, which will occur on May 5, will include performances from the three lines of Percussion (A, O, and World), the two lines of Color Guard (A and World), and the drill teams from the three middle schools—First Avenue, Foothills, and Dana. The performers will all present the full run-through of the shows that they have spent countless hours on for one last time to show friends and family all the hard work and dedication that they have put in this year.

The A-Line percussionists will be performing their show Alloy, which placed 6th overall at the Southern California Percussion Alliance (SCPA) Championships. O and World Line, who recently returned from their successful performances at the Winter Guard International (WGI) Finals in Dayton, Ohio, will also be performing the full run-through of their shows, Crimson and This is Me. O Line’s performance of Crimson placed 12th at the WGI Finals, while World Line’s spectacular performance of This is Me allowed the members to bring back the bronze for Arcadia. O Line Member Charlene Wang states that the Spring Show is “basically a conclusion to all our shows over the year since it is after all the final competitions that occur.” 

In addition to the performances from the percussionists, our A Guard members will also present their show Hold Tight, which placed 3rd at the Winter Guard Association of Southern California (WGASC) and our World Guard members will perform Melodica in Blue, which placed 6th at the WGI Finals. 

Although the Spring Show will be one that is bittersweet and nostalgic to each and every performer, it will also allow the members to look back and reminisce about all the memories that they have created with their ensembles throughout the year. If you haven’t had the chance to support these hard-working performers this year, come join them as they perform their award-winning shows for the last time at the 2018 annual Spring Show!

Photo courtesy of ARCADIA MUSIC CLUB