Beyond Imagination

Beyond+Imagination

Kali Tam, Staff Writer

This upcoming month, Arcadia High School’s Orchesis Dance Company (AHS ODC) will be performing their highly anticipated spring production “Beyond Imagination”! It will occur on Apr. 20 to 21 at 7:00 p.m., Apr. 26 at 7:00 p.m., Apr. 27 at 7:00 p.m., and Apr. 28 at 6:00 p.m.

Held annually at AHS’ Performing Arts Center (PAC), Orchesis Dance Company’s two hour spring production will contain a variety of dance genres such as jazz, hip-hop, contemporary, and Bollywood, so there will be something for each and every audience member to appreciate. In addition to the performances that the 29 members of Orchesis will be showcasing, choreography from several dance professionals will also be featured in the spring production this year.

“Beyond Imagination” was chosen as the theme this year, because Orchesis lead director Breanne Genite wanted to “create a show that would allow audience members to understand how much dedication truly goes behind the scenes of Orchesis” and to “highlight all the hard work that the dancers have put in.” With daily weekday rehearsals from 3:00 to 10:00 p.m. and weekend rehearsals from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., the dancers have definitely been working very hard for the past few months to perfect their dance routines for this coming show. Sophomore Orchesis member Jenny Namkoong states that “preparing for the show has definitely been challenging for me due to the long rehearsal times, but the rehearsals have allowed me to develop multiple moments of pure joy and laughter with the rest of my Orchesis sisters, who are all conquering this mission as one team.” She adds on that this particular show “is valuable to the whole company, because it gives us a rare opportunity to not only present our personal story as sisters who share the same passion for dancing, but it also gives us a chance to bring the ones that we love into our own perspective of the world.”

General admission and VIP tickets can be purchased online or from any Orchesis member before the show for $10 and $15 respectively, and general admission tickets at the door will be sold for $15. Jenny also included that this professional and electrifying production will “set you in awe as you leave behind reality and embark on to the journey of the world of dance,” so don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity to be transported and immersed into Orchesis’ spectacular dancing!

Photo courtesy of AHSORCHESIS