Best Places to Study

Josie Chen, Staff Writer

Every day, AHS students are required to finish heavy amounts of homework and study for upcoming tests in order to excel in school. As a result, students often spend their time locked up in their room working hard on an assignment. However, working in one’s room can quickly become tiresome and boring. Luckily, there are plenty of other options for places to study and work on homework.

One of the most common and obvious places for students to study is in the library. The library not only has low sound tolerance, which allows you to truly focus on the task at hand, it also is packed with resources of all types. There are books covering all kinds of topics, and students working on group projects are allowed to use the study rooms for two hours per session for free. The study rooms include a large table with seats for six people and even have a whiteboard. Another huge advantage of working in such a studious place as the library is that it will motivate students to concentrate on their assignment and to not procrastinate or make slow progress. All in all, the library is a great place for students who want to finish their work quickly and use some additional resources.

Another great place to work is any quiet cafe that is convenient. The cafes often play soothing music in the background and have a fresh and aesthetic setting, causing students to do better due to the change in environment. If desired, students always have the option of plugging in a pair of earbuds and listening to music of their choice. In addition, another bonus to working at a cafe is the access to food and drinks that will aid in keeping students energized, giving them a little relief from the heavy and stressful workload.

Last, but not least, working outdoors in one’s backyard is a great alternative to being in public, yet it still allows freedom from the confines of the bedroom. Simply pull out a small table and chair, and no light is needed as there is plenty of natural sunlight. Outside, there are no distractions or loud interruptions, and being in nature has the ability to put students in a much better mood. Play some soft music for working, and students will be surprised by the amount of studying or working completed in a short amount of time.

Overall, there are many alternatives to spending all day in a bedroom working on homework or studying for a test. Places such as the library, a cafe, and even the backyard provide a change of environment and can have many other benefits, so the next time you need a little break from your bedroom, switch it up a little!

Graphic courtesy of FREEPIK.COM