Fall Sports Update

Bradford Yau, Staff Writer

Fall is a time where sports are prevalent and one of the main focuses for many students at AHS. Here are a few updates on some of our fall sports.

The football season is in full throttle, as the boys are doing much better in league now. They are 4-1, with a two-game win streak and hopefully soon to be three with a game against 1-4 Pasadena. Many of the things that we are noticing with the boys are the improvement on the Offensive side of the field, as Senior Max Davila and Junior Rolandiss Whitener, Jr. have been lighting it up, as they have found great chemistry with one another. In addition, senior AJ Lewis has become a real player for this team. Although he did not start off the season with the team and only transferred from a different school this season, he has been the physical running back that we have been missing for a long time now, and has also improved this team’s offense tremendously.

In addition to Football, Girls Tennis has had a lot of success throughout the season. They are still yet to lose, as they have been undefeated the entire season. This is due to their great chemistry and talent that they have on the team. Due to this, they have been able to defeat a few Division One teams this season alone, such as San Marino and West Ranch. They are currently number four in Division One team rankings for the Southern Section, but due to transitive results and performance against a few different teams, they really should be ranked number 2. As CIF looms, do not be surprised if our girls are a dark horse contender to knock off number one seed Corona Del Mar and ultimately win the entire tournament.

Fall is an exciting time for sports. Be sure to catch these teams, as they are hot right now and exciting with their play and action.