Clubs Day

Jeremy Du, Staff Writer

With 60 different clubs at AHS, many AHS students may believe that this many clubs is the norm at other high schools. However, this is not the case. Many other high schools only have a fraction of the number of clubs that AHS offers to its students. With clubs ranging from The Apache Car Club, Chess Club, and Hope Can Cure Cancer Club, there is nearly a club at AHS for everyone’s interests.

One of two annual gatherings of all AHS clubs occurred at Clubs Day on Oct. 10 and Oct. 11. At this annual lunch event hosted by ASB, AHS’ 60 student-run clubs each set up a booth to display their club. These booths often consisted of a trifold display, sign up sheets, and at times, snacks, flyers, and other giveaway items. During the event, the officers from each club stood by their club booth, handing out flyers and promoting their club as many other AHS students walked through the booths, checking out and signing up for the clubs that interested them.

School clubs are a very important part of enriching students’ lives at AHS. For example, junior Audrey Do commented, “Throughout my years in different clubs, I was able to explore new cultures and learn more about my interests. For example, I’m an officer of a club called Affinity for Animals. Through it, I’ve learned so many new facts about different species of animals and issues facing animals.” Through Clubs Day, AHS hopes to encourage more and more students, especially underclassmen, to do more than what is required of them inside the classroom by joining clubs they like. Doing so will allow students to enrich their lives by pursuing their passions/interests, meeting new people, and gaining valuable life experiences!

Photo courtesy of COURTNEY HAYATA