Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Things To Do on a Rainy Day

With heavy showers and rain pouring down on Arcadia, many are stuck indoors, with very little to do. As the rain continues to pour, it’s important to find something to do at home, as while staying in bed all day is also a choice, having something to do wouldn’t be so bad either. It could be just for yourself, or with friends with activities like these:

Do it yourself or DIY

Gather all your paint, paper, glue, and whatever other craft supplies you have lying around the house. You could use glue, flour, and water to create paper mache and make small creatures or items. Get out pencils and paper and try drawing anything that comes to mind. Turn on some music, and soon the room turns into space full of crafts and drawings.

“I enjoy drawing at home during the rain,” stated freshmen Clara Choi. “I like drawing my [original characters] in different outfits, and listening to rain helps me focus.”

Baking

Since many recipes in baking require long hours of waiting and resting, why not do it on the days you’re stuck inside with nothing else to do? Make tasty cookies of all kinds, from the easy and popular chocolate chip, to tasty jam filled cookies. You could also try making bread, and since it takes a while to rise, there’s no better day to do it than when you’re stuck indoors in one place for the whole day.

“On rainy days one of my favorite things to do is bake with the sound of raindrops [in the background],” said freshmen Hadassah Taylor. “There is nothing more relaxing than the lull, of the darkening sky as I pull [out] a golden brown loaf of bread.” 

Video Call With Friends

With the internet being extremely accessible now, people are more connected than ever. So if your friends are also most likely stuck at home, give them a call. Discord, Messages, Google Chats if they’re free and with those apps you and your friends could watch a movie together, play games, or maybe just chat and talk about how everyone’s day has been. A fun activity could be Gartic Phone, a game where players take turns drawing and guessing what the others drew, or a game of charades and attempt to guess what your friends are acting out. A call with friends lets you interact with others you care about and enjoy your time stuck inside.

Movies And Books

Grab some blankets, pillows, and snacks and watch your favorite shows or read some books. Wrap yourself in a blanket and listen to the calming patter of the rain as you read your favorite book, whether it’s the first time you’ve read it or you’re reading it again. Some great books that aren’t a series include: You Should See Me In A Crown, or Five Survive You can watch any movie whether it be animated movies such as Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, or a classic like Legally Blonde. The day passes by fast as you watch and read whatever show or book you enjoy. 

Rainy days are calming days where being stuck indoors can seem like a chore. But taking a look around there’s many things one can do while being stuck inside. Hopefully this article gives you inspiration for what to do during the next rainstorm!

Photo Courtesy of UNSPLASH.COM