The sale lasted from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., on the same day as Snow Fest, hosted by Arcadia Recreation Center
Sydney Chau

Arcadia Music Club Factory Sweater Samples Sale (12/2)

The Sweater Sample Sale has become a tradition, with profits benefiting various music programs at AHS.

Behind the fascinating work of students in music programs at Arcadia High School (AHS), there is a group of dedicated people in the Arcadia Music Club who provide the necessary funds and support to make it all possible. On Dec. 2, the Arcadia Music Club hosted its second Sweater Samples Sale, combining both fashion and community spirit, to fundraise for the music programs at AHS. 

In addition to all the Music Club members, students from the Tri-M Music Honor Society participated in the sale. These students are part of the music programs at AHS and are required to maintain a specific grade point average. They volunteered from 9 a.m.-2 p.m., contributing their time and efforts to help set up the event, put up tents, assist customers, and ensure a smooth transition from sale to clean-up.

The Sweater Sample Sale has become a tradition, with profits benefiting the AHS music programs. This booster club is crucial in supporting the various music programs at AHS, including the orchestra, marching band, color guard, choir, and percussion. 

Sophomore Gavin Yang, a member of the AHS Symphony Orchestra, said how the Arcadia Music Club plans wonderful trips and provides many opportunities for students to improve in their field of music.

This event was made possible through the generosity of alumni parents who donated all the sweaters. Being an affordable price of $10 each, these knitted sweaters provided the community with the opportunity to add to their winter gear collection, all while helping the music programs at AHS thrive.

There was a variety of winter apparel to choose from, including “factory samples knitted sweaters and sweater dresses. Some are from brand names,” stated Arlaine Chandra, Band Vice President of the Arcadia Music Club. 

The sale lasted from 10 a.m.-1 p.m., which gave buyers plenty of time to pick out the sweaters they liked. The sale was also hosted on the same day as Snow Fest hosted by Arcadia Recreation Center, which garnered even more support from the community members. There were also many colorful and attractive posters around campus, informing students of the event. 

“You have to go through all these different samples too, it’s almost like a treasure hunt. You dig through all the sweaters to actually find a good one that fits you. It also gives the students an opportunity to experience how to help customers and be involved,” said Chandra. 

As the Arcadia Music Club continues to provide support and funding for AHS’ wonderful music programs, it also enhances the connections within our community by bringing together musicians and community members. The Arcadia Music Club will host yet another sweater sale on Jan. 27. Chandra encourages everyone to mark their calendars and join in for another chance to find stylish, cozy attire while contributing to the continued success of Arcadia’s fascinating music programs. Hope to see you there!