Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Amazing Autumn Activities

It’s that time of year when the leaves start to change color and float down with the gentle breeze. Or, at least for California, the weather cools down and creates the perfect atmosphere for people to enjoy fall activities. At Arcadia High School (AHS), many students love fall and appreciate the delightful balance between cool weather and sunshine, making the most of this opportunity.

Some people heavily associate reading and cozying up with a book with autumn. Freshman Amanda Djuandi considers this one of her most common activities.

“One of my favorite things to do during the fall is just to read. Usually, I’d like to read inside, but on days when the weather is just right, I’ll probably go to the nearest park and enjoy a good book. If the weather is rainy, I’d probably sit on my patio and eat a snack while soaking in a good story,” Djuandi stated.

Reading is extremely versatile, so it can be enjoyed no matter what the weather is like. Our community itself is especially great for this because there is a big library to receive books from and a peaceful park to enjoy it in. Sometimes, when I read in the fall and there is heavy rain, I like to curl up with a blanket inside my house. The feeling of being safe while it’s stormy outside is comforting, brings a sense of calm.

Sophomore Hazel Jung makes the most of her autumn by “hanging out with [her] friends and going shopping.” This gets her outside and participating in social activities. 

It’s always fun to spend time with your friends, and the mall can be a great place for this. A lot of the fall fashion trends have the perfect mix of comfortable and cute, providing protection from the wind but also elevating the design. A day at the mall is the perfect way to look for your next cool shirt or buy a warm fuzzy sweater in the company of your friends.

Some love walking outside in the crisp fall weather such as senior Rachel Saw.

“I love being able to walk around when the sun sets and listen to music,” Saw stated.

Having some time to yourself and being alone with your thoughts proves to be a relaxing and perfect activity in the evening, especially in the fall. Since fall provides such a specific environment, it comes with the perfect music and even food that fits the vibe. 

Junior Avani Athavale takes solace in fall snacks and music and loves “listening to a lot of jazz music and eating seasonal fruits like pomegranates and persimmons.”

Since fall is a season so conveniently timed, it hosts multiple holidays and is a pretense to Christmas, and freshman Angel Garcia’s “favorite thing to do in the fall is celebrate all the holidays and birthdays.” 

“Hot take, Halloween is on par with Christmas!” she added. “But aside from the haunted holiday, we also get to celebrate Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Black Friday during this season,”

Due to all the fun holidays and events, fall can keep someone constantly busy. From trick-or-treating to having Thanksgiving dinner with your family and going on a huge shopping spree to get the best deals, there are never dull moments. 

Some have a personal twist to fall, since fall is also host to a lot of birthdays and special events for people. Garcia added to her previous statement with an insight into why fall is especially important to her.

“When it comes to birthdays, most of my closest friends’ special days land in the fall. We celebrate them during a period we call the ‘birthday rush,’ when we have multiple parties back to back, including mine!” she said.

In fall, everyone has different things they love to do and celebrate. There is a special moment for each person to enjoy, and this season brings a lot of happiness to everyone.

Photo by Harini Devaguptapu