Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Varsity Football Recognizes Seniors

The Arcadia High School (AHS) Varsity Football team competed in a game against Burroughs High School (BHS) on Oct. 12, where the Apaches fought hard until their matchup ended in favor of BHS with a score of 7-41. This game was one for the history books with a series of entertaining events throughout.

Coming in with a 5-3 overall record, the Apaches had been breaking score expectations in comparison to last year with their 78-0 and 59-14 wins against Morningside High School (MHS) and Burbank High School (BHS) respectively, prior to this week’s game.

This game also marked Senior Night for all of the seniors on their team—making it a night all about celebrating their contributions to football at AHS. To commemorate such an important milestone, pre-recorded messages to the players from their families played at the end of the game, stirring emotions throughout the crowd of spectators. 

Despite the loss that the Apaches may have faced on a physical level, they gained so much more that night—memories that will last a lifetime, cheering the players on as their seniors finish off their last couple games of the season.

“I mean, I thought we were going to come out and put on a better show than we did today, but it’s just a minor setback; we’ll be back next week,” said senior Jeremiah Morgan. Morgan is currently ranked #1 on the team for Quarterback Hurries, and is also ranked within the “top three” on the team for tackles and sacks per game, according to MaxPreps.

The game was accompanied by a spectacular halftime show with the Marching Band, Colorguard, and Varsity Pep Squad team. From fairies and cards to maids and cowboys/cowgirls, Band and Colorguard were both decked out in Halloween costumes, showcasing their fall spirit. 

Prior to the game, Arcadia Unified School District (AUSD) staff participated in the annual Staff Appreciation Night. At this wondrous event, AUSD personnel, along with their families, enjoyed an afternoon where they made memories.The event featured a variety of activities, such as a game area for families, performances from AHS’ very own Orchesis, food and drinks, a photobooth, and, the highlight of the night: sideline seats to the football game. Staff from all over the district across various schools were in attendance, setting a record-breaking amount of guests for the event.

The team’s next game is against CV at Glendale on Oct. 27. Good luck, Apaches!

Photo courtesy of Arcadia DCI  interns Myriam Kabani and Alysia Shang