Polls

What are your Valentine’s Day plans?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The iPhone 15 and It’s Features

A majority of students have an iPhone. This could range from a very old version or the latest iPhone release, which was on Sept. 22. This time, Apple released the iPhone 15, and with it comes more features than the previous iPhones. Every year, there are plenty of updates to the iPhones, but people are always left disappointed as these features don’t have a wow-factor. However, this year, it does seem more promising than ever. 

It comes in colors of pink, yellow,  green, blue, and black. It is quite different from last year, where the iPhone 14 had midnight, starlight, red, blue, and yellow. 

Thankfully, the prices are lower for these phones. There will not be any iPhone 15 minis, so the starting price will be $799. This brings us to the iPhone 15 plus, which is $999. This is a tremendous improvement over the previous iPhones. The most that an iPhone 14 plus costs is $1399 dollars, but it was lowered by almost $500 to $600 for the iPhone 15.

“I feel that it is nice that we can get the features of the iPhone 14 Pro in the regular iPhone 15.” shared freshman Aki Kanamuri. “That makes this generation of iPhone great value, as the basic 15 has almost all the features of the 14 Pro and it also has new things like the USB-C”. Kanumari has been suffering with his very old iPhone 7, and he stated  that “it’s barely usable”.

For the iPhone 15, cases will not be needed. The outside of the phone is made with titanium, a very strong and durable material. This will allow barely any dents, scratches, or damages to the phone itself. The previous iPhones were made out of regular aluminum and metal, so that unfortunately made them very weak. However, a screen protector is still recommended.

The dynamic island was first introduced in the iPhone 14, and was one of the most popular and hyped-up additions to the iPhone. The dynamic island helps display important information and allows the user to move around, expand it, and interact with it. The USB-C is also continued, but even though Apple fans disagree with this feature, it does speed up the charging rate. It is better than the old charging cord, but patrons are hesitant to buy a new charger.

One feature that will most likely remain the same is the action button. The action button allows the user to be able to make the iPhone do whatever it wants, just on a single click. This button will be on the left side of the iPhone, all the way to the top. It’s similar to the assistive touch button on an iPhone, but this time, it won’t block the screen this time. It will bring up any command that the user wishes it to. It also represents the replacement of the ringer button. 

So far, the iPhone 15 has received positive feedback. It has improved us with some of the new features, but for the most part, everything generally stayed the same. We can only hope that there will be a huge increase in features in iPhone 16.

Photo courtesy of UNSPLASH.COM