Newest PAC Production: Cinderella

Justina (Yijia) Liu, Staff Writer

The Arcadia Stage family has always brought us wonderful performances and is preparing for another amazing performance now!, They are currently putting up posters around the community for the newest performance: Cinderella. The show will be performed in Arcadia High School’s Performing Arts Center (PAC) starting Mar. 16 and 17  at 7 p.m. and  Mar. 18 at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are available on PAC’s website (www.arcadiastage.com). Senior students will be able to buy tickets for $10 dollars, general admission will be $15 dollars, and VIP tickets will be $30 dollars. 

Cinderella features a story about a girl named Cinderella who is a spirited young woman with savvy and a soul that does not let anything trip her up in her quest for kindness, compassion, and forgiveness. She not only fights for her own dreams but encourages the prince to open his eyes to the world around him and realize his dreams too.

“I hope they break a leg! I am looking forward to watching the newest production as it is a childhood favorite of mine. I read Cinderella as a bedtime story every night when I was young” said junior Amritha Kumaran.

The newest production Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Cinderella is choreographed by Jean Michelle Sayeg, choreographer of Mama Mia!, directed by Steven Volpe, an Arcadia High School performing arts theater teacher, and musically directed by Allen Everman, who is also the music director of our school’s Mama Mia! play. It would be produced with special permission by concord theatricals. 

“I spent hours on the stage set building to make the set look just like how one would have imagined in their mind. I hope all the hard work and dedication I put in would be shown the production and everyone would like it” said senior Sydney Tien, who is in Advanced Stagecraft. 

“I was astonished by the stagecraft when I saw a glimpse of it the other day. They are very professional in building the set,” said senior Aiden Joe who is in beginning theater. “I hope that one day I would be able to act like them too.”

“Cinderella is going to be an amazing performance! From the professional directors to the entire cast, I can see how much effort is going into the rehearsals every day. Most of the time, my friends have to stay after school until 6, and during tech week most stay at school until after 10. Everyone has to stay until 10. Arcadia Stage really is a magical experience, you’ll feel emotions you never thought you’d have, and the accomplishment you feel after hearing the crowd’s round of applause is absolutely sensational. Support Arcadia Stage! Watch Cinderella go through her own magical journey” commented junior Shirlyn Huang from Intermediate theater. 

The cast of Cinderella is also holding an exclusive Enchanted Tea Party before their Saturday matinee on March 18th at 11 am as a fundraiser for the production. They will be providing French-inspired sandwiches, and pastries with a cup of tea topped off with a photo opportunity with one’s favorite characters. All of the enchanted tea guests will receive Premium VIP access to the theater before any other patrons to select their seat of choice for the matinee performance. Kids are also invited to dress up for the Tea Party. Tickets are $65 dollars and can be bought on PAC’s website (www.arcadiastage.com). We all hope you’ll come and support the newest production. 

Photo Courtesy of Soraya Pico