“Charmed by You” Class of 2025 Bonding Event

Ellie Gladson-Pang, Staff Writer

The Arcadia High School sophomore class kicked off the month of December with a bang—or rather, with beads, bracelets, and bonding. The ASB Sophomore Council put on an unforgettable “Charmed by You” Class of 2025 Bonding event on Dec. 2 for the Class of 2025, surely drawing the ire of jealous freshmen, juniors, and seniors. 

After the final bell rang, sophomores began to gather in the rally court, encircling the central table and its spread of craft supplies and hot chocolate. Everyone had fun participating in the planned activities, spending multiple hours in the cheery and spirited environment with friends; first, students got a warm cup of cocoa, before moving on to collect bracelet and letter-writing supplies. Even as the line grew, students still continued to crowd the stationery and craft supply-laden setup, as music played over the loudspeakers to amplify the upbeat mood.

After grabbing a cup of hot cocoa with marshmallows from the ASB volunteers, the crafting fun commenced. A huge variety of beads awaited students, allowing them to freely select whatever glow-in-the-dark charms, brightly colored beads in every shade, shiny pearls, and any letter of the alphabet they could possibly want on their bracelet or phone charm. 

Lastly, stationery of every type was available for sophomores to use in the final activity: writing a card to their senior selves. All the sophomores had to do was write a letter, adorn it with stickers, sign it, and seal it. ASB took care of the rest, collecting the finished products for safekeeping until senior year in 2025. 

Speaking of ASB, these “Charmed by You” festivities can all be attributed to the efforts of the ASB Sophomore Council. Vice President sophomore Keely Sun, explained a few details of the extensive planning process.

“Class councils such as Sophomore Council work hard to represent their class to the entire ASB, and to raise funds and plan activities for everyone to come together and enjoy,” said Sun. “Our process begins at one of our weekly meetings, and an event is born through lots of action plans, minute by minute run throughs, and conversations within our council and advisors.”

Bonding events like this one are certainly no easy feat to pull off! President sophomore Amber Cheung revealed that the event took “about 3 months of planning,” adding that she thought the event had a “fantastic outcome.” 

Bracelet making, letter writing, and a warm cup of hot chocolate certainly did seem to be a success with the student body. It’s definitely true that the bonding event was a resounding success, for reasons that Cheung detailed further.

“Each grade level at Arcadia High is around 700 students, which makes it nearly impossible to get to know all your peers. ASB class councils create bonding events for each individual class to allow students to meet new people and bond with their friends,” said Cheung.

Cheung’s Vice President agrees with this point. “Events like this are a great way to promote school spirit, student bonding, and more through a relaxing after school activity. Bonding events are a great place to attend with your friends and other students seem to really enjoy it,” expounded Sun.

The entire Class of 2025 owes some gratitude to their ASB class council for the fun afternoon of cocoa and crafts. Now, we look forward to the next event they throw. Thank you, ASB!