Brief: Apache Walk 2022

Michelle So, Campus Focus Editor

Arcadia High School’s Performing Arts (PA) students once again met for the annual Apache Walk. On Saturday, Sept. 17, students from Orchestra, Band, Choir, Colorguard, and Percussion participated in the walk to raise money for their respective PA groups. The campus-wide walk included a segment along Campus Drive, a detour by the Attendance Office, and a wrap around G-Row. Throughout the entirety of the morning, the sun remained out of sight–a much-needed relief from the recent heatwave. 

In addition to the comfortable weather, the parents of Arcadia Music Club (AMC) also introduced some delightful entertainment to the walking course. Small playground-esque games were stationed along the walkway to bring some fun and bolster the excitement of the fundraiser. These stimulating activities included tic-tac-toe, limbo, hopscotch, and mini-basketball. 

Junior Lucas Oh plays the violin in Symphony Orchestra. He attended the Apache Walk with his friends and was pleasantly surprised by the games.

“For me it was fun because everyone was [messing] around and throwing beanbags and basketballs at each other,” he said. “It made for a lot of funny moments.” 

Along with the games, the AMC also contributed coolers of chilled water and otter pops for the exercising students, many of whom gratefully drank up the refreshments and continued along. In another generous act, the AMC also handed out Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers gift cards to the first few students to arrive and gave out free bottles of hand sanitizer as people were leaving. 

Junior Zoe Seow plays the alto sax in marching band. She attended the Apache Walk and was one of the few recipients of the “early bird” gift cards. 

“I felt that everything the Music Club gave out was really resourceful and useful,” said Seow. “I [especially] appreciated the free hand sanitizer they gave out because I know for me, I’ll definitely be using it for the next few years.”

All in all, thanks to the wonderful AMC parent volunteers, students were able to enjoy their Saturday morning with friends and raise money for the school’s PA programs. Definitely a success!

Photos courtesy of DCI Intern Rianna Marquez