Prom 2022

Ashley Chan, Staff Writer

Start searching for your dream dress and getting fitted for your tuxedo because Prom 2022 is underway!

This year, Prom will be held on Saturday, May 28, from 7:00-11 p.m., at the Los Angeles (LA) River Center and Gardens. Located in LA, the LA River Center and Garden is a natural wonder to witness. It is a dreamy location that is sequestered by ivy walls and lined with beautiful trees. Flowers, fountains, and a reflecting pool add to the wondrous atmosphere and tranquil charm that the LA River Center and Gardens boasts. 

The theme for the 2021-2022 Prom is Celestial Nights; this was announced on Mar. 12 at Arcadia High School’s (AHS) Spring Pep Assembly.

Tickets will go on sale in early May, as the event approaches. AHS’ Prom restricts freshmen and sophomores from attending, meaning juniors and seniors are exclusively invited to this event. Students are allowed to bring outside guests, as long as they submit the guest form when it is sent out through email.  

Prom is a formal event, so feel free to dress up! Prom attire is categorized by tuxedos and suits, dress shirts, slacks, dress shoes, and perhaps a fun tie or bowtie! The dress code also includes long or short dresses. Additionally, with the California mask mandate lifted, masks are not required to enter the premises or attend Prom. Ultimately, students should wear what makes them feel the most comfortable, so that they can dance and party the night away at Prom!

Many juniors and seniors at AHS are anticipating Prom and what the event has to offer!

Junior Avari Wang stated, “I’m excited to see the LA River Center and Gardens, and to relax and hang out with my friends.” 

“I’m looking forward to going to Prom with my date, and am excited to get ready with my friends because the venue has nice scenery,” said junior Gabriel Meyer-Yen.

“I am looking forward to going dress shopping and taking pictures with my friends,” said junior Navya Kannan. 

Senior Myriam Christensen remarked, “I’m excited for the days prior to Prom where I’ll be frantically making plans with all my friends. With Prom being much bigger than last year’s, my friends and I are trying to have the wildest night together. I’m really looking forward to the night itself at this beautiful venue, but I also can’t wait to dress up with all my friends because there’s not too many opportunities where I can dress up so nicely.”

“I’m excited to get ready, take cute pictures with my friends, and check out the venue. This is also my last school dance so it’s sentimental for me as well,” senior Skylar Leung stated.

A special thank you to the AHS Prom Committee for planning the upcoming 2022 Prom, and we hope to see you at the event! 

Photo by Ainsley Najafzadeh and Emmaline Pan