Prom Nightmares

Atussa Kian, Staff Writer

Embarrassing stories seem to find themselves at home in the abyss that is the internet. Around prom season is typically when anxious high schoolers read up on everyone’s prom experiences in preparation for what is to come their way. The plain truth is: prom is not always the magical night it is pent up to be. Sometimes one thing can go wrong which will set off a whole chain reaction of similarly horrible events. Among some of the darkest cavities of the internet, users retell horrifying stories of their prom experiences
On a site called TheThings.com, a user retells their makeup-horror story. She was getting her makeup done for the first time but the lady who did it for her chose a foundation shade that was way too pale for her skin. Now, having a foundation on that is not your shade is already setting the path for a bad night. “My face was practically glowing in my prom pictures. It really went well with my old lady style forest green prom dress.” Relatable.
Symphony14, a user on Buzzfeed Community, also had the guts to submit her story. “We had a karaoke contest at my senior prom. Everyone convinced me to sing. That was fine and dandy because I’m not a horrible singer, but I have really bad stage fright. When I went on the stage and opened my mouth, I projectile vomited everywhere. I got it all over my principal and her husband. I don’t think I’ll be in any more karaoke contests for a while.” That is so terrible it sounds like a bad dream…
This next one is a doozy. Leslie Kiczula from Facebook submitted a story to Buzzfeed community as well although hers goes a little bit differently than Symphony14’s.
“My boyfriend proposed to me in front of all our friends. I was planning to break up with him after prom.” Chills. Also, why did he expect her to say “yes” to a high schooler’s marriage proposal?
K MC (also on Buzzfeed) went to prom with a black eye after spending weeks finding the perfect dress. Great job K MC!
Someone else posted a story about almost getting totalled in their car after spiraling off the highway and almost falling into a nearby lake. Instead of having the prom night of her dreams, this user admits to “crying [herself] to sleep”. What a night to remember!
Hopefully no AHS students have the same prom experience as these unlucky individuals because the prom is truly just a night for you to celebrate with your friends and have fun!