Valentine’s Day 2022

Vritti Godani, Staff Writer

With the holidays in the past and the chilly weather arriving, it is safe to say that Valentine’s Day is inching closer each day. Although typically celebrated only by couples, Valentine’s Day has also started to be celebrated among friends over the years. Valentine’s Day also allows brands to bring in profits with themed gifts, decorations, and trends. 

Valentine’s trends have already taken over the internet and are making their way into the mailboxes of many consumers. In terms of fashion trends, the Converse Valentines Day Collection has taken over Tik Tok. The  “Chuck Taylor All Star Lift Platform Embroidered Hearts” Shoes launched on the website on Jan. 20 and sold out within minutes, as did many of the other shoes in the collection. Many fashion-based content creators have also started making “Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas” videos, with leather skirts and jackets and red sweaters being a recurring trend in almost every video. 

“I logged onto the Converse website right as the Valentine’s Day collection launched, but all the shoes I wanted were already sold even though it had only been 20 minutes after the collection launched,” stated junior Emilie Conner. 

Celebrating “Galentine’s” has also become popular among teenagers/young adults over the years and still remains very relevant.  Teenage girls will usually spend their Valentine’s Day with their friends as opposed to their significant other. Galentine’s is usually celebrated with a filling meal consisting of an immense amount of desserts and sweet foods and is usually followed by a day filled with shopping, movies, and just spending time with your friends. Many people also celebrate Valentine’s Day with aesthetically pleasing picnics including charcuterie boards that look too satisfying to eat and graceful decorations. 

In elementary schools, students usually exchange Valentine’s treats such as candy, snacks, and cards with their classmates and enjoy those treats throughout the day. Many older students have adopted the same celebrating method and exchange Valentine’s-themed baked goods, candy, and other edible items with their friends and loved ones on Valentine’s Day. 

As always, flowers and balloons also fill the environment on Valentine’s Day and couples exchange gifts and spend valuable time with each other. Over the years, different ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day have emerged and evolved with all of them carrying the same theme. No matter how you choose to celebrate Valentine’s Day, make sure to appreciate your loved ones and we hope you have a great time!

PHOTO COURTESY OF PSYCAT