2022 Hopes and Resolutions

Kai Wetterau

As another COVID-19 dominated year comes to a close, a realm of new possibilities opens up. 2022 represents a chance for even more opening up, so long that it won’t cause anyone harm. It also represents a new beginning, with many people making new resolutions or ideas they plan to follow throughout the year.

Resolutions tend to fall under a few select categories, many of those relating to all forms of health, academic efficiency, and/or learning something new. The broader they are, the more achievable they tend to be. With this in mind, Freshman Jolee Kuo wants to better herself during this year.

“My hope for 2022 is to overall drink more water and spend more time sleeping every night. So long as I make it a habit, it should go pretty well,” Kuo said.

She has decided to focus on the social and physical health aspect of resolutions and has made them nice and broad so it won’t be hard to keep up with them. Such is with Jolee’s case, the broader someone makes their resolutions, the easier it can be to keep up with. A more theme-like perception of resolutions makes it much easier to keep up with if someone were to miss a day or two of their usually year-long commitment. 

In a similar light, Freshman Swarit Srivastava believes that aiming for a mental wellness approach is what will help them the best.

“The simple goal that I have for this new year is to be happy. It’s sometimes hard to do, especially when the world is stuck in a pandemic, but I would like to believe that things can very well change. I’m sure to have some days where it might seem like everything is upside down, but it’ll all get better sooner or later,” he explained.

Srivastava believes that things will get better, and so always aiming for positivity will help build healthy habits that will last. He wants to use this focal point to increase mental wellness so that he can help others when they are down.

While resolutions tend to be more focused on specific requirements, such as drinking eight glasses of water a day or exercising by running a mile every single day, it is these sorts of things that cause people to end their goals within weeks of the new year, causing some of those attempts to be considered a full or partial failure. Freshman Rohan Thakur, who understands this greatly, has made broadness a key component in his plans for the year.

“I want to make 2022 the best year it can be, which means going back to the basics and giving myself the highest chance for success. Consequently, I plan on improving my grammar and as a result my overall English, too. Through this, I know I will progress somehow and get towards perfecting my writing skills, for it will surely help me in the future.”

Thakur has his things set in order and is ready to go to make 2022 a good year.

In summary, students at AHS have different plans for this year, but they all hit on self-betterment towards a greater cause. While some categories of resolutions will surely be more popular than others, each and everyone is creative and unique in their own way.

Photo courtesy of  MAXPIXEL