“Get Back”

Kira Camacho, Staff Writer

The iconic rock band, The Beatles, will soon have their long-anticipated documentary, Get Back, on Disney+. The documentary, produced and directed by Peter Jackson, will be released in three parts, each about two hours long. 

In 1960, the fab four formed their band, The Beatles, in Liverpool. The four celebrated musicians that comprise The Beatles were John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, and Ringo Starr. They explored music down every avenue; the group was a highly influential and experimental band of the musical British Invasion. Their musical catalog ranges from psychedelic rock to hard rock and everything in between. 

The new documentary will cover the making of their legendary album Let It Be. The three episodes of the documentary will be released on Nov. 25, 26, and 27. The series was created through cooperation with Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Yoko Ono, and Olivia Harrison.

The documentary seems like a long-awaited response to the original 1970 documentary about the making of the album, also titled Let It Be. The band wasn’t satisfied with how this documentary depicted the relationship between the band members. Starr and McCartney have expressed their elation to show the fans the camaraderie the band had in the studio.

“I am really happy that Peter has delved into our archives to make a film that shows the truth about the Beatles recording together,” said Paul McCartney in a news release. “The friendship and love between us comes over and reminds me of what a crazily beautiful time we had.” 

“I’m really looking forward to this film,” Ringo Starr added. “Peter is great, and it was so cool looking at all this footage. There was hours and hours of us just laughing and playing music, not at all like the version that came out. There was a lot of joy, and I think Peter will show that. I think this version will be a lot more peace and loving, like we really were.”

Not only are the remaining Beatles excited, but fans are too.

“I’m really excited for the series,” said Arcadia High School junior Alex Rauda. “I think it’s going to be really good!”

Footage will include clips from the documentary Let It Be, made in 1970. In a video, Peter Jackson said they have a total of 56 hours of unseen footage that will be fully restored for the movie.

Viewers will see 21 days of rehearsal with The Beatles, and the series will end with all 42 minutes of their quintessential rooftop performance. Hopefully, the short series will be as fun and exciting as it sounds.