Ways to Cool Down

Josie Chen, Writer

As the school year is coming to an end, summer is slowly but surely approaching. The temperature is rising and students of AHS are breaking out in their tank tops and shorts in hopes of staying cool in the hot weather. Thankfully, there are many other methods to cool down in this Californian heat.

Although cold drinks can be enjoyed anytime throughout the year, they are definitely most enjoyable when the weather is hot. The icy feeling of your favorite drink is super refreshing when drowning in sweat from the boiling temperatures. Some popular places to buy cold drinks include Tapioca Express, Honey Boba, and Half & Half.

Another way to cool down is to make your very own cold foods. You can turn juice of any kind into popsicles by simply pouring them into popsicle molds and freezing them. These make for a great after school treat. You can also cut up fruits and stick them in the freezer for an instant cold snack. Little changes here and there are key to renovating your daily routine to suit the hot weather.

For the ultimate cool down, go take a swim! Whether it’s at the beach or your own backyard pool, dive into the chilly water and relax. Not only will you be getting plenty of exercise, but you can also swim with friends to amp up the fun!

There are plenty of ways to cool down in this summer heat. Enjoy some cold drinks, make some creative frozen snacks, and take a dip in the water! Whatever you choose to do, make sure to drink lots of water and stay safe!