Spring Break

Spring+Break

Josie Chen

As third quarter comes to an end and fourth quarter arrives, spring break is finally approaching AHS students. During the week off from school, students have the opportunity to relax and de-stress from their hard work, whether it’s by binge-watching television shows, taking a stroll on the beach, or going shopping with friends.

One of the best ways to take your mind off of school is having a television marathon. Not only do you get to immerse yourself in another reality, but also you can do it while wearing comfy pajamas and eating your favorite foods. Freshman Joceline Nguyen said, “I’m going to be re-watching Scarlet Heart Ryeo during spring break. I can’t wait to just sit in my room and be cozy.”

Along with spring comes warmer temperatures. As the weather heats up, take a visit to the beach and enjoy the hot sand and cool water. Whether it’s building a sand castle, jumping up and down in the waves or taking a nice stroll, being in a soothing environment can be really helpful with letting go of stress. If you’re up for it, you can even find a hotel nearby to stay in for the night. You’ll be able to use the hotel’s jacuzzi and swimming pool, and let room service do all the work for you!

Plan a shopping trip with some of your friends or family members to an outdoor outlet or shopping plaza! With the arrival of spring, many companies are already releasing products for their summer line. While shopping for new items, you can talk and laugh with your friends and forget all about the tiring stress. Freshman Kirti Madireddy said, “I want to buy some new clothes for summer, like when I’m going to the beach or spending time by the pool.”

So what will you be doing this spring break? Take some time off from the stress of AHS classes and use the opportunity to treat yourself. With a little time off, you’ll return back to school with more energy than ever, ready to crush the rest of the school year!

Photo courtesy of PIXABAY.COM