What if COVID-19 Disappeared?

Bryan Lim, Staff Writer

COVID-19. We all know it. It’s the pandemic that we all have to currently deal with right now. It has greatly affected us, especially as students, but what if COVID-19 just disappeared, with no warning? In this article, a few students will be interviewed on what they think they would do in this unexpected situation.

“I would probably immediately make plans to go to places such as restaurants or the beach. Most places I would like to go to would include my friends and I having fun and a good time. I would also like to celebrate the fact that COVID-19 is finally over with my friends and family,” freshman Zachary Min said.

If COVID-19 went away, hanging out with friends and family would certainly be an option, especially since COVID-19 had forced us to socially distance, so if it disappeared, it would remove that barricade.

“I don’t really think my life would change a lot. But there are obvious changes such as going out to eat, hanging out with friends and going to school. Since I’m kind of introverted, after school I would probably tend to stick at home on my computer either gaming, watching streams, or chilling virtually with my friends,” junior Matthew Ma said.

There are students who believe that their lives wouldn’t change that much, during and after COVID-19. However, there are still changes throughout everyone’s lives because of this pandemic.

“I would like to visit my grandparents if COVID-19 just disappeared out of nowhere. I can’t visit my grandparents right now because of social distancing, so it would be nice to visit them when it’s over. I would also like to visit my friends and hang out with them or catch up on life in general. I will also probably go outside more often,” freshman Yuna Ko said.

Overall, COVID-19 disappearing right away certainly seems like a stretch, but it is interesting to hear some students’ perspectives on what they think they would do if it did and even if COVID-19 doesn’t disappear right away, it’s nice to daydream about it while currently in this pandemic.