PRO: Online School is EASIER Than In-Person School

Bryan Lim, Staff Writer

COVID-19 has made a big impact on all of our lives with a lot of students having to learn virtually. With online school in the mix of our lives, many students have had to face the difficulties of online learning, such as internet problems. However, there are many upsides to online school rather than actual school. That is why I believe online learning is easier than actual school for students and teachers. 

One reason that online school is easier than actual school is because of convenience. The convenience of just having to wake up, get ready in the morning, and sit down on your chair to take classes is very convenient for students. It doesn’t take a long time to get ready in the morning, and to just turn on your computer and sign in to your classes takes no effort and time at all. It also is very convenient as you don’t need to drive or get driven to school, but instead go to your computer with no worry of having to leave a little early in order to be on time for school. 

Another example of online school being easier would be flexibility with time and location. This is because if a student is at a different location other than their home, they can just bring a mobile device such as a phone or computer to communicate virtually with their classmates and teachers. 

Online school is also easier than actual school because of the minimal time it requires to take online classes; the extra time walking to class or even going to actual school can instead be used to study, do homework, or even bond with your family. Online school can help students determine their own pace when it comes to studying or doing homework because of the extra time they have and can use. 

Though regular school usually requires teachers to be physically there and ready to answer student questions, with online school, teachers can make a video about their lesson, which creates flexibility for the teacher when it comes to teaching students. It gives students more time to think of questions and to ask the teacher when they’re available. Students also have more access to their work because most of the lessons are online, so they can usually access them most of the time. 

The shortened time we have in online school also makes it easier. Instead of having to spend eight hours in school, virtual learning only takes around five or six hours. With this, you can do other things that are your priorities or let your stress from school go away and finally just rest. 

Another pro to having online school is that it is financially easier for most students. This is because instead of having to pay for textbooks, equipment, and more, most students just need a computer and a stable internet connection, which most students already have. That will be easier for students financially, and they don’t have to stress about having to pay for a lot of things. 

In conclusion, online learning has taken a big impact on most students’ lives, but it’s easier than actual school for many reasons, including: convenience, flexibility for students and teachers, extra time, accessibility to lessons, fewer financial obligations, and less time in school. That is why I believe online learning is easier than actual school.