Halloween Costume Ideas

Halloween Costume Ideas

Vritti Godani, Staff Writer

Spooky season is approaching, and excitement fills the air. Many of us are excited to get our yearly supply of candy while most of us can’t wait to show off our costumes on social media. In past years, many would spend Halloween with their friends outside, trick-or-treating or watching Halloween movies at home. However, this year Halloween is being celebrated under extremely different circumstances and a countless number of people are celebrating with their families. If you are struggling to come up with a costume, here are some costume ideas for Halloween costumes that you can wear with your family. 

Among Us 

Inspired by the popular game, Among Us, characters can be perfect for a family costume. To put this costume together, all you need is a solid-colored hoodie with no writing or graphics on it and a mask. You would need to put the hoodie on backward and put the hoodie over your face. Then, you would put the mask over where your eyes would be positioned. 

Characters From Your Favorite TV Show/ Movie 

All families have a favorite movie or show that they can always watch and never get bored of. Dressing up as your favorite characters from your favorite movie or show can not only be a good photo opportunity, but it can also lead to having a themed dinner which can also lead to a fun and safe night. Some examples of costumes like these would include Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc. 

Punny Costumes 

A punny costume is sure to always make everyone around you laugh and bring in loads of compliments.

“I love doing punny costumes because they also brighten everyone’s day and lift the mood,” said sophomore Destiny Delgado.

If you want to do a punny costume, you can do one with your sibling or do one just by yourself. Some ideas for pun costumes include dressing up as an angel and putting black patches over your costume to be a holy cow or dressing up as a cheerleader for a fan to be a ceiling fan. Punny costumes are my personal favorite, and I would highly recommend trying one!

In conclusion, there are many costume ideas available that can make this Halloween a great one!

Photo courtesy of POPSUGAR.COM