Easy DIY Starbucks Recipes

Emily Banuelos, Staff Writer

Ever wondered how to make your favorite Starbucks drink at home? Well, you can find a variety of Starbucks handcrafted beverage recipes listed below. These recipes are all easy to follow and not time-consuming. 

1. Iced Chai Latte

The creamy sweetness of vanilla and milk of this drink will get you addicted and if you need an energy kick add in a shot of espresso. Start by boiling you milk and whisking in ½  teaspoons of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract gradually. After once you let the milk simmer down add in 2 chai tea bags. Froth your milk and add in a shot of espresso to your mug.  

Sophomore Ashley Houston said, “My go-to order from Starbucks is the Iced Chai Latte with vanilla, and now with this recipe, I’ll be attempting to make it at home when I have time in the morning before online school.”

2. Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino

What’s better than a chocolate chip frappuccino? A double chocolate chip frap of course! Here’s what you’ll need to make this sweet and delicious beverage; 1 cup of milk, 2 tablespoons of sugar, ⅓ cups of chocolate chips, 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup, 2 cups of ice, and ⅛ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Blend all the ingredients together and then top it off with whip cream and chocolate syrup!!

3. Starbucks Green Tea Lemonade

This one is by far the easiest drink to make with only 3 ingredients! You first will want to boil some water and add a green tea bag in it and let it chill. Then pour lemonade over the green tea and add ice if you want it colder. 

4. Pink Drink from the “Secret Menu”

The iconic drink bought by James Charles, also known as the pinky drinky, is one of my personal favorite refreshers because of the mix with coconut milk. For this refresher, you will need ⅓ cups of boiling water, 2 acai green tea bags, honey, 2-3 teaspoons of lemon juice, 4-5 strawberries sliced, and 1 cup of coconut milk. Begin with boiling water and adding the tea bags into the water, then stir in some honey. Proceed with taking out the tea bags and adding in half of the strawberries and lemon juice. To make it cold add in the ice and fill the cup with coconut milk, stir ingredients well together. Then, garnish your beverage with the rest of the strawberries and enjoy!

5. S’mores Frappuccino

For this campfire inspire frap you’ll need ¾ cups of ice, ½ cup of milk, 3 tablespoons of marshmallow fluff, 1 shot of espresso (optional), ½ tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder, ½ tablespoon of white sugar, and whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs for garnishing. Blend all the ingredients together and pour into a glass. Then top it off with whipped cream and graham cracker crumbs!

Junior Miranda Hernadez said, “I love a good frappuccino and this easy recipe allows me to make one anytime I’m craving one rather than having to drive to Starbucks and waste money on gas too. My whole family enjoys this frap especially with these heatwaves, it’s a nice cooling beverage.”

Have fun unlocking your inner “barista” and share these recipes with your friends and family so they can try them out too!

Photo courtesy of HUNGRY-GIRL.COM