Commitment Feature: Ima Kellerman

Photo+courtesy+of+Ima+Kellerman++
Photo courtesy of Ima Kellerman

As graduation inches closer, a select handful of talented Arcadia High School (AHS) student-athletes have been announcing their commitment to play collegiate athletics. One of these athletes is senior Ima Kellerman, star of the Girls Varsity Soccer Team, who has committed to play at the University of Mount Saint Vincent (UMSV).

After being introduced to soccer at the age of six, Kellerman honed her skills through playing competitively in club soccer, the AHS Girls Varsity Soccer team, and on the Peruvian Women’s National Team. In the summer of her sophomore year, she began the recruitment process for women’s collegiate soccer. 

“When I started my recruitment process the summer of my sophomore year, UMSV reached out. I had a couple other offers at the time but was not fully set on any of the schools. I was really interested in UMSV, so they invited me out to a camp in New York, where I went and stayed for a week to play in an overnight soccer camp. I toured the school, and that’s when I realized that I really enjoy the school and the coaches. I didn’t fully accept my offer then, but soon after I did,” said Kellerman. 

The pursuit of college commitment can be tedious at times, but Kellerman cited her coaches at AHS to be key driving factors in her success.

“AHS has contributed a lot to my athletic career. My coaches Ryen Piszyk and Paul Miles have pushed me to be the player I am today, so they are really big contributors to me getting committed. They also motivated me and helped me to decide which school I should pick,” said Kellerman.  

Though her journey on the AHS Girls Varsity Soccer team has reached its conclusion, Kellerman reflected on some of her favorite memories throughout her last four years.

“One of my favorite memories was reaching the CIF semifinals my sophomore year. Most of my favorite memories are with the girls; they’re so amazing, and I love all the girls on the team, so that’s a big part of what made my time here special,” said Kellerman.

As she prepares to play in college, Kellerman expressed excitement at the opportunity to engage in a higher caliber of soccer.  

“I’m excited to be playing at the college level and playing with high level athletes. I’m also really excited about playing under the Mount Saint Vincent coaches, as they play the type of soccer I really enjoy,” said Kellerman.

Congratulations to Ima Kellerman on her commitment, and we thank her for all the hard work she has dedicated to the AHS Girls Soccer program during her time here! We wish her all the best in her future academic and athletic endeavors!  

Photo courtesy of Ima Kellerman