Homecoming Spirit Week

Sarah Wang, Staff Writer

As tradition has it, the Homecoming Dance is arguably one of the biggest events of the American high school experience. Luckily, our ASB has been planning the dance and its many festivities — namely, Spirit Week!

Spirit Week is a week (or, due to this year’s school calendar, four days) of activities, dress-up themes, and other fun and games leading up to the day of Homecoming. This year, the Homecoming dance will be held on Saturday, Sept. 29, at the House of Blues concert hall in Anaheim, CA. At the beginning of the month, ASB revealed the long-awaited theme to be “Heart and Soul,” to match the bluesy feel of the dance’s venue. In accordance with the theme and venue, this year’s Spirit Week days are:

Monday Blues
Mondays might not be everyone’s favorite day of the week, but showing up to school in your comfiest pajamas will chase all your blues away. Don’t worry about choosing your outfit — just tumble out of bed and be ready to show off your favorite PJ’s at the Rally Court for the Breakfast Relay!

Soulmate Tuesday
It’s called “Twosday” for a reason. Twin with your friends and show off your skills at the Best Friend Challenge at lunch!

Walt Disney Wednesday
Because House of Blues is right down the street from Disneyland, Wednesday will be all-out Disney. Bring your Mickey ears, princess dresses, Jedi robes, and other Disney-related paraphernalia to school to show the school your Disney love! If you think you’re a real Disney fan, be sure to be at the Disney Minute-to-Win-It Challenge at lunch at the Rally Court!

Spirit Day Thursday
Finally, show off your Apache pride by wearing your class colors and spirit shirts on Thursday to close off Homecoming Week. Don’t miss the class dodgeball game at lunch and the home football game after school!

All that excitement and anticipation can be tiring, which is exactly why Friday is a perfect no-school day! Treat yourself and relax so you can be ready to dance the night away at Homecoming on Saturday.

Tickets are on sale for $85 with ASB and $95 without from Sept. 17 to 21 and $105 from Sept. 24 to 26 at lunch and after school at the ASB Office and Trading Post.

As ASB President senior Alvin Tran eloquently declares, “Go to hoco, hoco is cool,” don’t miss out on the experience of a lifetime and buy your tickets today.

Photo courtesy of ASB